Forbes ranks Taylor Swift as highest paid female musician
Forbes’s has ranked Taylor Swift as the highest earning woman in music globally for 2019.
To occupy that enviable position on the Forbes’ list the “Me!” singer grossed a whopping $185 million pretax over the past year, which puts her ahead of runner-up Beyoncé and Rihanna.
According to People, most of Swift’s earnings came from her Reputation stadium tour. Running from May to November 2018 worldwide, the tour grossed a U.S.-record $266 million, and was easily her most successful tour to date.
Runner-up Beyoncé’s $81 million mostly comes from last year’s On The Run II stadium tour, as well as her live album and Netflix film, both named Homecoming.
Rihanna comes in third on the list with $62 million. The majority of her recent earnings come from Fenty Beauty, the popular cosmetics line she launched in 2017.
Below is the full list of this year’s highest paid women in music
1. Taylor Swift – $185 million
2. Beyoncé – $81 million
3. Rihanna – $62 million
4. Katy Perry – $57.5 million
5. P!nk – $57 million
6. Ariana Grande – $48 million
7. Jennifer Lopez – $43 million
8. Lady Gaga – $39.5 million
9. Celine Dion – $37.5 million
10. Shakira – $35 million
- Previous Pilot faints in plane’s cockpit, makes emergency landing
- Next US Embassy hikes Visa fees to N100, 000, slams FG for decision