Examinations

2020 Admission: JAMB sets universities cut-off mark for 160

JAMB: 22 CBT centres de-listed for defrauding 11,823 UTME candidates N59m

 

The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has fixed universities cut-off mark for the 2020 academic session to a minimum of 160.

JAMB’s registrar Prof. Ishaq Oloyede made this known on Tuesday after the 20th policy meeting on admissions to tertiary institutions. The cut-off mark for polytechnics was pegged at 120, while that of Colleges of Education remains at 100 and above.

Oloyede who commented on the admission statistics for 2019, said that 612,557 candidates were offered admission but 510,957 admission spaces remained unused by the institutions. He added that only 1,157,977 candidates who had the required five credits with English and Mathematics, sat for its Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) last year.

In his remarks, Education Minister, Adamu Adamu said he has directed JAMB and tertiary institutions to proceed with the conduct of their 2020/2021 admissions which will commence in August.

Adamu said;

“As major stakeholders, we must jointly come up with reactions that would realign our programmes to these new realities.

“JAMB and tertiary institutions could take advantage of the current situation, consider candidates with previous years SSCE and other qualifying results, to proceed on with the admission process.

“Whatever arrangement that the country comes up with in the long run will surely accommodate those who will be taking the examination when the opportunity to do so is worked out.”

Comment With Facebook

Comment here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.