16-year-old Idrisu Muhammadu, has allegedly confessed to killing his girlfriend, Fatima Isah whom he accused of dating his older brother as well.
Muhammadu, while making confessional statement to the Niger State Police Command said he killed Fatima in a fit of anger.
“I told my brother to leave Fatimah for me because I planned to marry her, but he would not listen to me and he kept on seeing her until one day, I lost my temper and killed her. Look at what it has resulted to; I am now a murderer. I am going to spend all my life in jail from the age of 16; it is unfortunate.” he told newsmen.
The Niger state police command arrested Muhammadu, an indigene of Evutagi village in Katcha Local Government Area of Niger state.
According to reports, Muhammadu was in a relationship with Fatima when he found out she was also seeing someone else. He threatened he would kill her if she leaves him for another man.
When he discovered that her father, Isah Evutagi, was about to give her to his older brother as a wife, he killed her. He later told police he had warned his brother to stop seeing his girlfriend but he refused.
The Niger State Police Public Relations Officer, Mohammad Abubakar, who confirmed the incident, said the suspect would be arraigned in court after investigation.
- UNILAG gets first female Vice Chancellor, Prof Folashade Ogunsola
- Appeal Court insists ASUU must call off strike
- Court dismisses case against Fani-Kayode’s estranged wife, others
- 26 drown while escaping terrorists attack in Zamfara
- Woman flogs granddaughter to death, dumps body in bush
- FG Vs ASUU out-of-court settlement fails
- 23 released Kaduna-Abuja train attack victims in photos
- Count me out of voting Muslim-Muslim ticket- Cardinal John Onaiyekan