President Muhammadu Buhari has offered condolences over the death of the Magajin Rogo of Katsina, his former teacher and a retired school administrator, Alhaji Sanda Kaita,
The Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to President Buhari, Malam Garba Shehu, made this known in a statement in which, he said, the president condoled with the Emir of Katsina, the government and people of the State over the demise of Kaita.
According to Shehu, Buhari described his late metal work teacher at Katsina Secondary School as a man of highest character who would be remembered for his efforts to inculcate hard work and technical skills in his students.
“He was a committed and an inspirational educationist.
“Our prayers go out to the family of the bereaved; to the government and people of Katsina state over this irreparable loss.
“May his soul rest in peace,” said the president.
- Two dead in US Iowa latest shooting
- Several senior Ukraine officials resign over corruption allegations
- EU allocates €102.5m humanitarian support to Nigeria, 3 Lake Chad region countries
- Gunmen abduct corps member, five others in Enugu
- Bandits kidnap school children in Nasarawa
- UK condemns Iran’s execution of dual British-Iranian, plans sanction
- EFCC drags ABU ex-vice chancellor, bursar to court over alleged 1bn theft
- Scores killed as passenger plane crashes in Nepal