While the federal government is expressing fears about an anniversary protest for the killings of the October 20 2020 #EndSARS protest at the Lekki tollgate and other places, singer Falz has said Nigerian youths will not be silenced by anyone.
In a post he shared on his Instagram page on Friday, the singer reacted to the decision of the state Commissioner of Police barring interested persons from staging any EndSARS remembrance protest.
Falz said “innocent people were killed just because they were asking not to be killed or brutalized”. He said it has been over a year since the unfortunate incident and no one has been punished for the crimes.
“They killed innocent souls that were simply asking not to be killed or brutalized.
“A year later, no one has been punished yet for those heinous crimes.
“A supposed Police Commissioner “warned” against citizens exercising their fundamental human rights. Yes a Police Commissioner.
“A couple of well meaning citizens decided to put together a summit to reflect on last year’s events & honour the lost souls. Event centre pulls out. (“instructions from above”).
“As I type this, there is already HEAVY police presence at the Lekki toll gate.
“Best thing they could come up with is organizing “concerts” to try and distract us from remembering the real heroes in all of this. The people they murdered.
“What we will never do, however, is be quiet.
“We will NEVER EVER EVER EVER be silenced.
“Not today, not on the 20th, not ever.”