A self acclaimed ‘Sector commander’ of a notorious kidnap syndicate has revealed that he killed over 50 of his victims because they could not pay ransom.
The military camouflage clad leader, Mohammed Sani had been on police wanted list before the long arm of the law caught up with him.
Sani, 30, made the shocking revelation on Wednesday, September 30, when he was paraded alongside 46 other criminals and their weapons of destruction, by the Force Public Relations Officer, DCP Frank Mba, at the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) Headquarters in Abuja.
The suspect said he worked for one Yellow Jambros, who gave him guns and military uniforms for operations, adding that he carried out his operations mainly within Kaduna, Katsina, Niger and Zamfara.
He said he was a sector commander in their kidnapping ring and had over 120 men under his command.
Sani, who said he has lost count of how many kidnap operations he carried out, revealed any of their victims that paid ransom were allowed to go but those that could not were killed.
Briefing newsmen, DCP Mba said that Sani was nabbed by men of the Special Tactical Squad (STS) and has been on their wanted list for a while.
“His area of specialty is kidnapping for ransom and banditry. Occasionally he veers into cattle rustling. He belongs to an organised kidnapping gang that has gone ahead to sectorise their operations.
“Mohammed Sani is a sector commander within the larger kidnapping and banditry enterprise. He has over 100 men directly under his command. Sani reports to another big kidnapper that is on our wanted list known as Yellow Jambros,” Mba added.