The Governing Council of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso, has appointed a new Vice-Chancellor and two other principal officers.
The institution’s Public Relations Officer, Mr Lekan Fadeyi, released a statement in which he named Prof. Michael Ologunde, a renowned professor of food science, as the new vice chancellor.
The council also appointed Dr Kayode Ogunleye as Registrar and Mr Abayomi Okediji as Bursar.
The newly appointed vice chancellor will take over the running of the institution from the incumbent, Prof. Adeniyi Gbadegesin, whose five-year tenure will end on Feb. 14, 2019.
The council said that Gov. Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State and his Osun State counterpart, Mr Adegboyega Oyetola, had approved the appointments as recommended by the Prof. Dapo Afolabi-led governing council.
It hinted that the position of the University Librarian would be filled soon.
“The council at its 135th special meeting held last week had directed that the vacancy in the position be re-advertised while the process of appointing a new University Librarian be concluded on or before Jan. 25, 2019,” it said.
The statement explained that the appointments would take effect from Feb. 14, 2019.
- Women protest naked on street of Nasarawa over 2023 election rigging
- FG approves N454bn for Kano-Niger Republic rail
- Our observers witnessed vote buying, voter intimidation, violence during Nigerian elections- UK
- Tinubu jets out for first medical vacation after presidential election
- Gunmen kill Ogun former perm sec, wife in Lagos
- Court dismisses Abba Kyari’s plea seeking to void charge against him
- Protesters storm national assembly, demand annulment of presidential election
- IGP hails police performance in governorship election