A 41-year-old man has been electrocuted at the University of Calabar, in Cross River State.
The victim, Michael Enang Edu, a PHEDC worker, went with his colleagues last week, to restore power in the university campus but was electrocuted in the process
According to reports, the deceased was trying to work on a faulty line when his colleagues inadvertently turned on the power that was earlier turned off.
In the process, Edu was electrocuted from the high voltage shock and later died.
Chairman, Board of Media and Community Relations, University of Calabar, Dr. Joseph Ekpang, who confirmed the incident, said the man was electrocuted while trying to reconnect power which had been disconnected in error.
Late Edu is survived by two daughters and a pregnant wife.
He would be buried on Saturday, 15th September, 2018 in his home town, Atina-Adadama in Abi Local Government Area of Cross River State.