A 56 years old woman’s attempt to dedicate a stolen 5-year-old child in church, in Enugu went awry as she ended in police net.
Madam Edith Ewulu who was alleged to have stolen Felicia Godwin in Emene, Enugu East Local Government Area of Enugu State had dressed up the little girl and headed to the church for the dedication to God when luck ran out on her.
Ewulu was arrested in a new generation church, following intelligence report received by the police, leading to the recovery of the little girl.
When the suspect was interrogated, she said she bought the Felicia from one Chioma who she said claimed to be running a social home in Aba, Abia State, for N400, 000.
“According to the suspect, she bought the baby on February 7, 2019 from the seller at a renowned hospital in Umuahia, which convinced her that the business as genuine, and never knowing the child was stolen from the mother at Emene in Enugu. And that she had taken the child to her church for thanksgiving before operatives swooped in on her and arrested her with the child” the Enugu police spokesperson said.
The police say the suspect will be arraigned in court soon.
- Women protest naked on street of Nasarawa over 2023 election rigging
- FG approves N454bn for Kano-Niger Republic rail
- Our observers witnessed vote buying, voter intimidation, violence during Nigerian elections- UK
- Tinubu jets out for first medical vacation after presidential election
- Gunmen kill Ogun former perm sec, wife in Lagos
- Court dismisses Abba Kyari’s plea seeking to void charge against him
- Protesters storm national assembly, demand annulment of presidential election
- IGP hails police performance in governorship election