A 56 years old woman’s attempt to dedicate a stolen 5-year-old child in church, in Enugu went awry as she ended in police net.
Madam Edith Ewulu who was alleged to have stolen Felicia Godwin in Emene, Enugu East Local Government Area of Enugu State had dressed up the little girl and headed to the church for the dedication to God when luck ran out on her.
Ewulu was arrested in a new generation church, following intelligence report received by the police, leading to the recovery of the little girl.
When the suspect was interrogated, she said she bought the Felicia from one Chioma who she said claimed to be running a social home in Aba, Abia State, for N400, 000.
“According to the suspect, she bought the baby on February 7, 2019 from the seller at a renowned hospital in Umuahia, which convinced her that the business as genuine, and never knowing the child was stolen from the mother at Emene in Enugu. And that she had taken the child to her church for thanksgiving before operatives swooped in on her and arrested her with the child” the Enugu police spokesperson said.
The police say the suspect will be arraigned in court soon.
- ASUU not threatened by FG’s registration of CONUA, NAMDA – Prof Osodeke
- Fuel queues resurface in Abuja as IPMAN gives reasons
- Peter Obi raises the alarm over secret arrest of his supporters
- Enugu Catholic Diocese banishes Mbaka to solitude- ..We sent him to monastery for solitude- Catholic Spokesman
- Kim Kardashian fined $1.26m for cryptocurrency ad
- We’re in war situation – Adeboye
- AIG Zone 13 bans use of Ebube Agu, others for campaigns, warns IPOB
- Insecurity: 1,500 schools closed, 2,295 teachers killed since North East insurgency – TRCN